What should I know about the 2024 SIVB world congress
WHERE IS THE MEETING?
The 2024 World Congress on In Vitro Biology Meeting will take place in St. Louis, Missouri, the Gateway City! Known as the Rome of the West, this major port city found along the western bank of the Mississippi River bordering Illinois in the heartland of the USA offers a down home feel with cosmopolitan benefits, the city offers world-class sports, theatre, live music, art, and more that are all within reach and all without the hassle and expense you’d find in one of those overpriced cities. St. Louis is a foodies’ delight, with many diverse dining options including Peruvian, Italian, French, Mediterranean and more, all within walking distance. It’s also the home of the Blues and each night St. Louis is alive with the rhythm of live music including jazz, country and rock featuring both national and local acts. There’s nothing like the Midwestern hospitality of a local when they greet you with a warm ‘hello’ and we look forward to sharing that very special experience with you at the SIVB meeting.
The official SIVB hotel is the Hyatt St. Louis at The Arch where all the program and events will take place. Join us in this welcoming, contemporary downtown hotel in St. Louis just steps away from the iconic St. Louis Arch.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The program will begin on Saturday, June 8 with workshops and receptions. Scientific sessions and events run daily from 8:00 am through 9:00 pm or later most evenings and will conclude on Wednesday at 12:30 pm. The Program will include:
- Plenary Symposia, Symposia, Contributed Papers, Interactive Poster Sessions and Poster Sessions created to work together by focusing on topical research areas of both state-of-the-art research and core scientific principles. Arrive early to attend Saturday pre-conference workshops and stay through Wednesday afternoon’s scientific tours!
- Opportunities for both Students and Post-Docs to enhance your professional growth.
- Numerous opportunities to share in-depth interactions and network with colleagues and potential collaborators. Shake hands with scientists and researchers you have only read about.
- A Science and Technology Exhibition with essential and up-and-coming product and services providers.
ARE YOU OFFERING A VIRTUAL OPTION?
Yes, SIVB is offering an On-Demand Limited Access option which will provide virtual access to recorded sessions after the congress from some of the key highlights of the 2024 program. This will include the Keynote presentation, daily plenary sessions, the joint session, a student-organized symposium, select animal and plant symposia. These pre-recorded presentations will be made available for your viewing approximately 2 weeks after the conclusion of the 2024 World Congress and will remain available through September 30, 2024. Sessions that are being planned for inclusion in the on-demand content will be marked by an asterisk (*) on the program page of the 2024 World Congress and are subject to change.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND IN PERSON?
SIVB’s Annual Meetings are an exceptional events where science connects with collaboration. The quadrennial World Congresses are even dynamic as international participation is enhanced during these events. By attending in person, you can:
- Meet with new and old connections creating new opportunities for collaboration for your research.
- Network with some of the biggest names in the fields of biology and biotechnology and have the opportunity to talk with them one-on-one.
- Present your research to colleagues working in the similar areas of in vitro biology and biotechnology for plants and animals.
WHAT IF I WANT TO GET MORE INVOLVED?
Scientists, sponsors, and exhibitors interested in participating in the 2024 World Congress are asked to contact the 2024 Program Chair, Kolla Kristjansdottir or the specific Section Program Chairs: In Vitro Animal Cell Sciences Program Chair, Kenneth Kandaras; Plant Biotechnology Program Chair, Ahmad Omar; Education Program Chair, Brad Upham; or the Student Program Co-Chairs, Babak Senfi and Prasanna Valavanur Shekar.
|Regular Abstract Submission
|February 29, 2024
|February 29, 2024
|Extended Abstract Submission
|March 31, 2024
|May 9, 2024
|May 16, 2024