What should I know about the 2023 SIVB Meeting
WHERE IS THE MEETING?
The 2023 In Vitro Biology Meeting will take place in Norfolk, Virginia, the Mermaid City! Norfolk is the one of the 9 core cities that make up Hampton Roads. It is near the Atlantic Ocean and Chesapeake Bay so you are never far from the water!
The official SIVB hotel is the Hilton Norfolk The Main where all the program and events will take place. Join us in this iconic and premier East Coast meeting destination right in the heart of downtown Norfolk.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The program will begin on Saturday, June 10 with workshops and receptions. Scientific sessions and events run daily from 8:00 am through 9:00 pm or later most evenings and will conclude on Wednesday at 12:30 pm. The Program will include:
- Exceptional Plenary Symposia, Symposia, Contributed Papers, Interactive Poster Sessions and Poster Sessions created to work together by focusing on topical research areas. Arrive early to attend Saturday pre-conference workshops and stay through Wednesday afternoon’s scientific tours!
- Student and Post-Docs opportunities with chances to enhance your professional growth.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues both old and new to share ideas and enjoy in-depth interactions. Shake hands with scientists and researchers you have only read about.
- A four-day Science and Technology Exhibition with state of the arts product and services providers.
ARE YOU OFFERING A VIRTUAL OPTION?
Yes, SIVB is offering an On-Demand Limited Access option which will provide virtual access to recorded sessions from some of the key highlights of the 2023 program. This will include the daily plenary sessions, the joint session, a student-organized symposium, select animal and plant symposia, and most importantly, the Keynote Presentation by Dr. Princess Imoukhuede. These pre-recorded presentations will be made available for your viewing approximately 2 weeks after the live 2023 Meting concludes and will remain available through September 30, 2023. Sessions that are being planned for inclusion in the on-demand content will be marked by an asterisk (*) on the program page of the 2023 Meeting and may be subject to change.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND IN PERSON?
SIVB’s Annual Meetings are an exceptional events where science connects with collaboration.
- Meet face-to-face with some of the biggest names in the fields of biology and biotechnology and talk with them one-on-one.
- Present your research to other scientists working in the areas of in vitro biology and biotechnology for plants and animals, just like you.
- Network with these new connections and find exciting collaboratative opportunities for your research.
WHAT IF I WANT TO GET MORE INVOLVED?
Scientists, sponsors, and exhibitors interested in participating in the 2023 Meeting program are asked to contact the 2023 Program Chair, Hong Luo or the specific Section Program Chairs: In Vitro Animal Cell Sciences Program Chair, Kenneth Kandaras; Plant Biotechnology Program Chair, M. Annie Saltarikos; Education Program Chair, Brad Upham; or the Student Program Co-Chairs, Jasmyn Hoeger and Christine Yevtushenko.
|Early Bird Registration||December 31, 2022|
|Early Placement Abstract Submission||January 31, 2023|
|Student and Post Doctoral Oral Presentation Competitions||January 31, 2023|
|Student Award Applications||January 31, 2023|
|Regular Registration||January 31, 2023|
|Regular Abstract Submission||February 28, 2023|
|Extended Abstract Submission||March 31, 2023
|Hotel Reservations||May 2, 2023|
|Advanced Registration||May 9, 2023