Welcome to the 2022 In Vitro Biology Meeting
SIVB leadership has been following the current surge in COVID-19 cases attributed to the Omicron variant and resultant public health concerns. After careful review, SIVB had decided it will be proceeding with an in-person meeting in San Diego this June while adhering to all local and national guidelines associated with in-person events including requirements for masking, social distancing and vaccinations.
While we plan to meet in person, we also understand that many are still experiencing travel restrictions or limitations due to their health. To address this, SIVB will also be offering a new Exclusive On-Demand Limited Program opportunity. Learn more about this new option on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
We have so many fun events planned for the in-person meeting in sunny San Diego and so much to celebrate!
- Award Presentations: Award recipients from the last 2 years have been verbally acknowledged with their honors, but they haven’t received their awards yet. Join us to congratulate the winners in person as we present the 2020 and 2021 Lifetime, Fellow, Distinguished Scientist and Early Career Awards and announce the 2022 recipients to formally present their awards, too!
- Student and Post Doc Acknowledgements: We are also happy to be able to congratulate the 2022 Student Award Winners during the SIVB Business Meeting on Tuesday night and present certificates to the winners of the Post-Doctoral and Student Oral Presentation Competitions during their respective section meetings on Monday!
- Exciting scientific events: We have planned special workshops on Saturday, student-organized symposia and workshops, and state-of the-art symposia and workshops throughout the meeting where you can meet with the speakers and interact with them in person.
- Live Contributed Paper, Interactive Poster and Poster presentations: All posters and contributed paper presentations will be LIVE! This is your chance to meet the authors and engage in a face-to-face conversation about their work, and yours!
- Special social events: In addition to the Receptions and Joint Social you have come to enjoy, we are holding a Tuesday night dinner event at the San Diego Maritime Museum and are planning special scientific tours on Wednesday, June 8. Learn more about these opportunities.
This will be an amazing opportunity to build professional connections with peers, talk one-on-one with experts, and present your scientific work. So grab your mask, make sure your shots are up to date, and make your plans to join us in person this June! If everyone follows the guidelines, we are sure to have a fantastic time!
And even if we aren’t able to shake your hand in person this year, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. The #SIVB2022 Exclusive On-Demand Limited Program is still a fantastic opportunity to re-energize and renew your professional growth wherever you are!
- Keynote, Plenary, Joint and Education Symposia presentations will be prerecorded in advance of the meeting.
- Virtual Poster Presentations will be available for all attendees to view.
- These special presentations will be made available for your viewing on-demand through our exclusive event website beginning two weeks after the In-Person 2022 Meeting ends through September 30, 2022 and possibly longer.
We will continue to update our website as more information becomes available, but we recommend you regularly check out this page of Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about your options to participate in this year’s meeting. We do hope that providing you with options for both live and on-demand learning will allow you to gain as much as possible from the SIVB Annual Meeting experience, no matter what your situation.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to #SIVB2022!
Interested in Participating?
Scientists, sponsors, and exhibitors interested in participating in the 2022 Meeting program are asked to contact:
- 2022 Program Chair, Mae Ciancio
or the specific Section Program Chairs:
- 2022 In Vitro Animal Cell Sciences Program Chair, Kristina Maritinez-Guryn
- 2022 Plant Biotechnology Program Chair, Max Jones
- 2022 Education Program Chair, Brad Upham
- 2022 Student Program Chairs, Mubeen ul Hasan and Muneeb Hassan Hashmi