The Society for In Vitro Biology established the Fellow Award in 2004 to recognize outstanding professionals who have made significant contributions to the field of in vitro biology and demonstrated service to the Society. This award can only be received once. A nomination application must be submitted to the awards committee by February 1 of the application award year. Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nomination packages are valid for two years.
- Nominee must have been an active member of SIVB for at least 10 years;
- Nominee is a current active SIVB member;
- Nominee is living.
- Nominee has outstanding contributions in their area(s) of specialization to include: research, teaching or administration in the area of public, government, or private service sectors;
- Nominee has demonstrated active involvement with Society activities, programs, other venues.
- A plaque;
- Limited to two individuals per section per year at the discretion of the awards committee.
Nomination packet should include:
- Completed award nomination form signed by two nominators (at least one nominator must have active SIVB membership);
- Two additional supporting letters from qualified members of the scientific community who are familiar with the nominee’s contribution;
- Nomination letter;
- Complete vitae of the nominee including all professional achievements especially in the field of in vitro biology and services to the Society.