The Society for In Vitro Biology Board of Directors approved the following code of conduct in February 2020).
The Society for In Vitro Biology (SIVB) is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment free of harassment and discrimination for all participants and staff to share ideas and knowledge at all venues associated with or sponsored by the SIVB.
All SIVB meeting and event participants – including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, SIVB officers, SIVB staff, guests, members of the media, vendors, service providers, and others (hereinafter “participants”) – are expected to abide by this SIVB Meeting Code of Conduct. Additionally, all SIVB meeting and event participants are also expected to abide by the SIVB Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- Treat all participants with kindness, respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions (including those you may not share).
- Communicate openly, with respect for other participants, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech directed toward other participants.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert SIVB staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, hotels, SIVB-contracted facility, or any other venue.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form will not be tolerated. Harassment includes speech or behavior that is not welcome. Harassment intended in a joking manner still constitutes unacceptable behavior
Photography and/or Recording:
- As the meeting is a public event there are implied assumptions about being able to photograph posters and/or presentations. Such photographs may be posted on social media. However, ANY individual can decline to have their photograph taken and/or ask that such photographs not be shared. Such a request should be honored by all meeting participants.
Immediate Serious Threat to Public Safety
- Anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety at any time should contact local law enforcement (by calling 911) and immediately use a venue phone to notify facility security.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
- If you are not in immediate danger but feel that you are the subject of unacceptable behavior, have witnessed any such behavior, or have other concerns, please notify an SIVB officer or staff member (as soon as possible) who can work with appropriate SIVB leadership to resolve the situation. All reports will be treated seriously and responded to promptly.
- To report incidents of any sort during or following an SIVB event, please contact any officer of SIVB or SIVB Staff Member onsite or emailing your concern to SIVB’s Managing Director at email@example.com.
- Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent that it does not compromise the rights of others.
For any questions about this policy, please contact the SIVB Business Office by email or by phone at 910-755-5431.